Things to see and do near Burythorpe House
Many of our guests find it hard to tear themselves away from the tranquillity of the hotel, but there is so much to see and do close by.
The grandeur of Castle Howard is just 20 minutes away by car and makes a splendid day out. The Yorkshire Coast is magnificent, especially the cliffs around Bempton and Flamborough, while Whitby is also a great day out. For shopping, York is easy to reach, and boasts good cafes and restaurants, too.
Staying local, why not pay a visit to one of the many top-class public houses in the area, ranging from rustic and traditional to modern gastropubs.
It is possible to land helicopters in the land in front of the hotel (we need a little warning so we can make sure the horses do not get frightened!). We recommend multiflight.com to arrange a helicopter during your stay.
- Malton & Norton Golf Club 01653 697912
- Ganton Golf Club 01944 710329
- Kirkbymoorside Golf Club 01751 431525
- Whitby Golf Club 01947 600660
- Raisthorpe Flyers An outstanding partridge and pheasant shoot over the Wolds valleys. A popular simulated game shoot - “a real game day only out of season and with clays!”
- Warter Prior Shoot A driven game shoot in 12,000 acres of rolling farmland, open valleys and woodland.
- Birdsall Shoot A high quality partridge and pheasant shoot over Wolds dales and escarpments.