Things to see and do near Burythorpe House
Many of our guests find it hard to tear themselves away from the tranquillity of the hotel, but there is so much to see and do close by.
The grandeur of Castle Howard is just 20 minutes away by car and makes a splendid day out. The Yorkshire Coast is magnificent, especially the cliffs around Bempton and Flamborough, while Whitby is also a great day out. For shopping, York is easy to reach, and boasts good cafes and restaurants, too.
Staying local, why not pay a visit to one of the many top-class public houses in the area, ranging from rustic and traditional to modern gastropubs.
It is possible to land helicopters in the land in front of the hotel (we need a little warning so we can make sure the horses do not get frightened!). We recommend multiflight.com to arrange a helicopter during your stay.
- Beverley racecourse
- 9th & 27th April 2017
- 1st, 16th & 31st May 2017
- 10th, 20th (eve) & 27th June 2017
- 7th (eve), 8th, 18th & 24th (eve) July 2017
- 1st, 16th, 17th & 27th August 2017
- 2nd, 20th & 26th September 2017
- York Racecourse
- 17th, 18th & 19th May 2017 Dante Festival
- 27th May 2017 Grand Cup
- 16th & 17th June 2017 Includes the McMillan Charity Raceday
- 1st July 2017 Music Showcase Meeting with Ollie Murs
- 14th & 15th July 2017 John Smith’s Cup Meeting
- 28th July 2017 Music Showcase Meeting with Jess Glynne
- 29th July 2017 Music Showcase Meeting
- 23rd - 26th August 2017 Yorkshire Ebor Festival
- 10th September 2017 The Press Family Raceday
- 13th & 14th October 2017 Countryside Raceday
- Malton & Norton Golf Club 01653 697912
- Ganton Golf Club 01944 710329
- Kirkbymoorside Golf Club 01751 431525
- Whitby Golf Club 01947 600660
- Raisthorpe Flyers An outstanding partridge and pheasant shoot over the Wolds valleys. A popular simulated game shoot - “a real game day only out of season and with clays!”
- Warter Prior Shoot A driven game shoot in 12,000 acres of rolling farmland, open valleys and woodland.
- Birdsall Shoot A high quality partridge and pheasant shoot over Wolds dales and escarpments.
Dates for your diary
- Tour de Yorkshire
- 28th April 2017 Bridlington to Scarborough
- 29th April 2017 Tadcaster to Harrogate
- 30th April 2017 Bradford to Fox Valley, Sheffield
- Malton Food Festival 27th & 28th May 2017
- Pickering Wartime & 1940s Weekend
13th, 14th & 15th October 2017